- Workshop topics shall fit into the overall strategy and research fields of ILP.
- Workshops shall be international.
- Workshops shall be announced at least 6 months in advance in frequently available journals (i.e. EOS).
- Workshops are expected to produce a report after 6 months which shall be published.
- Workshops can be proposed by Coordinating Committees, National Committees, ongoing ILP projects or Task Forces.
- Workshops can also be proposed by individuals or groups of individuals (especially of young scientists and scientists from developing countries) but only if they aim to initiate and to prepare a new ILP project or Task Force.
- Decisions on workshops are made by the ILP Bureau.
- Deadlines for workshop proposals are January 1 or June 30 every year.
- Financial support of workshops by ILP will not exceed US $ 5.000.
Workshops in 2013
- "Accretionary tectonism near the mouth of a subduction channel: the Franciscan Subduction complex (California, USA)", 6 - 13 June 2013
Workshop of the ILP Task Force IX on Subduction channel processes
- 8th Workshop of ILP Task Force Sedimentary Basins, 14-18 October 2013, Marseille/FRANCE.
Workshops in 2012
DynaQlim workshop on Lithosphere-Cryosphere Interactions
Ruhr-University in Bochum, Germany, 26 - 28 September 2012
Workshops in 2011
Workshops in 2010
Workshops in 2009
Workshops in 2008
- Gondwana 13 Conference
Dali, Yunnan Province, China, 15 - 22 September 2008
For all details see:
- 4th International TOPO-EUROPE Workshop
Euroforum Infantes, El Escorial (Madrid), 5 - 7 October 2008
- 3rd World Stress Map Conference
Potsdam, Germany, 15-17 October 2008
For all details see:
Workshops in 2007
- "International Workshop on Volcanism and Tectonics" Havana, Cuba, March 20-23, 2007 under the aegis of the International Lithosphere Program and the Cuban Geological Society, in the framework of the "Second Cuban Earth Sciences Convention", II Symposium on Seismology and Geologic Hazards.
Chairman:Alessandro Tibaldi: Università di Milano-Bicocca, Dipartimento di Scienze Geologiche e Geotecnologie,
Tel.: +39-0264484332, Fax: +39 0264484273, e-mail: alessandro.tibaldi(at)unimib.it
ALL DETAILS AT: http://www.scg.cu, http://www.scg.cu/geoc/geofisica/1tivt_ing.htm
Important dates: Oct. 15, 2006. End of pre-registration.
Dec. 15, 2006 deadline for abstract submission of oral and poster contributions.
- "New Frontiers in Integrated Solid Earth Sciences" ILP Conference at GFZ Potsdam, Germany, 12/13 June 2007
Hotel reservation form
Map Potsdam 1
Map Potsdam 2
- "The Geology of Vertical Movements: Uplift and Subsidence, Mountains and Basins". 3rd meeting of the ILP Task Force on Sedimentary Basins, Marrakech, Morocco, October 28-31, 2007
Workshops in 2006
- "The History of Convergent and Passive Margins in the Polar Realm: Sedimentary and Tectonic Processes, Transitions and Resources", September 18-22 2006, Québec City
Programme and abstracts
- 1st PLUME Project Workshop Meeting: 3-6th July 2006 Programme and abstracts
Workshops supported by ILP in 2005
- TOPO-EUROPE: 4D Topography Evolution in Europe: Uplift, Subsidence and Sea Level Rise, Budapest, Hungary, March 17 - 18, 2005. The workshop TOPO-EUROPE was supported by ILP as inaugural meeting for the regional coordinating committee TOPO-EUROPE.
- Workshop on Foreland Fold-and-Thrust Belts (FFTB) Rueil-Malmaison, December 14 - 16, 2005
- 20th Himalaya-Karakoram-Tibet Workshop, Aussois, France, March 29 - April 1, 2005
- International Conference on the East African Rift System-Ear05: Geodynamics, Environment, Resources, and Sustainable Development, Mbeya, Tanzania, August 2005 (E. Mbede)